Saturday, December 11, 2010

Acrylic Nails and the Microtel - Culiacan - TO TWINKLE NAILZ

I'll get to the acrylic nails in a minute. Today I finished the course in Los Mochis. I will return again next week to do the rest of the course as well as the exam. I stayed at the Santa Anita and everyday I went to the gym. It is a good 12 block walk or run and then an hour workout. That's all the time I have because I have to set up my equipment and get things organized.

Last night I had dinner at Canton, an excellent Chinese restaurant in Los Mochis. I ordered "nido" (the nest) which is a small amount of noodles with brocoli, cauliflour, carrots, celery, chicken and shrimp. It was deeeeelllllliiiiiiccccciiiiioooouuussss! If you like Chinese food, Sinaloa is the place in Mexico to have it.

I went back to my hotel and spent the night playing on the internet checking all my rv groups and watching the news, not to mention the two cocktails I had.

This morning I headed back to the gym at 7 a.m. for an hour workout and then back to the hotel for checkout and off to the school where I was teaching the course. We finished at 1 p.m. and the supervisor gave me a ride to the bus depot (sounds like an old expression). I waited for about 30 minutes for the bus to Culiacan and off we went. Three hours just like they told me and it cost 175 pesos. I watched an excellent movie with Kevin Bacon, took a one hour nap and then watched the scenary. Sorry but I didn't have a window seat and couldn't take any pictures.

Once we arrived in Culiacan off I went by taxi to the Microtel. Rooms are small but well appointed and they have everything; internet, cable, breakfast, business center, jacuzzi, and free shuttle service wherever you want to go.

How about those acrylic nails? I checked into my room, set the temperature setting on the air conditioner and it started to make a funny sound. Also, I couldn't get an internet signal so I went to the front desk and they gave me a broadband cable (if that's what you call it in English?). I mentioned the fact that the a/c was making a funny sound and if they could send someone from maintenance. They agreed and asked me to use the business center until they fixed the problem. Ten minutes later the maintenance man comes to the business center and says, " we found an acrylic nail in the a/c turbine and it was just sitting there spinning around". I have been around this world too long, and have stayed in more hotels in the last 35 years of work than I dare to count to even ask how that nail got in the air conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment